Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Ahhhh . . . heavenly

Yesterday a crew of 4 lovely ladies came to my home to CLEAN . . . yes clean, not just any clean, but that "really, truly MOVE things so you can dust under them" clean. Can I tell you how thrilling that was . . . so thrilling in fact that I was speechless - literally speechless watching them scrubbing the floorboards, blinds, and toilet bowls (by HAND mind you). OK, for those of you that get your house cleaned by other people on a regular basis the "I'm so happy right now I could cry" aspect of having someone do your dirty work for you may have worn off by now. OK, so I'm not kidding here, I actually called Chris to tell him "thanks SO much, this is the best day of my life" and left an emotional voice mail. When he called back I could just see him rolling his eyes while he asked, "ok, were you really crying when you left that message?"

I stayed for a few minutes after they got to work to gather my things and Elizabeth as I watched in amazement. It was wonderful - i took off for a walk through the neighborhood and then to a friend's for a visiting teaching appointment. OK - so, here's the best part - when I came home the first thing I saw was our piano with the cabinet wide open and just gleaming (wow - no dust), it was so inviting that I couldn't resist and since the entire house was sparkling clean I had all the time in the world to do something just for me. So, I got Liza settled with her crayons - one of her favorite activities is drawing while i play, she tells me: "you go play piano and i'll sit and color" - and I sat down and played and played - for 90 minutes in fact. It was nirvana. Mom, if only I could have enjoyed those long practice sessions when I was fifteen, right? I clearly remember the pains of practicing in my youth and how the thought of sitting at the piano for an hour or more was really quite dreadful, however, now with no one making sure my scales and finger exercises were accurate and my recital piece was polished, playing the piano has taken on a whole new meaning. Oh, and mom, I'm loving the music you gave me for my birthday - when I play out of that book Chris says he feels like he's wallking through the English countryside, which is just what it sounds like.
Hey, I took pictures - here's Liza in our "dining room," well, that's what it's supposed to be, but for now it's the arts & crafts room and yes, that's our guinea pig Daisie over against the window. It's a great room for the kids and keeps them close when I play . . . oooohh, and do you see how awesome the floor looks!
FYI - here's my recommendation for the most excellent cleaning company, oh and guys pay attention, it's also the perfect Mother's Day gift: "Super Ant professional house cleaning services" - #265-0082

No comments: