Sunday, May 1, 2011

BYU Women's Conference 2011


"By small and simple things, 
great things are brought to pass . . ."
Alma 37:6-7, The Book of Mormon

This past week my spiritual well was filled to the brim as I spent two inspirational days at BYU Women's Conference.  The theme for this year's conference, "By small and simple things, great things are brought to pass," couldn't have been more relevant for me at this time in my life.  I am grateful for the beautiful messages and insights that were shared by Virginia Pearce, Elaine Dalton, Kathleen Hughes,  Julie Beck and many others.  These women are true followers of Christ and such examples to me,  their testimonies are sure and unwavering.  How I admire each of them and appreciate their devotion, service, and especially the love they have for Savior and the women of the church.

I know that it is through the small, seemingly insignificant things I do, such as consistent prayer and scripture study, that I see the Lord's hand in my life and witness His tender mercies upon me and my family.  What a blessing it is to know that I have a loving Heavenly Father who does care about me personally and allows my faith to be strengthened and my spirit to grow through difficult mortal experiences, yet allows me to feel His love each day as I continue to reach out in faith, desiring to come closer to the Savior and become more like Him.

I am so thankful for these reminders and hope I can carry the sweet, peaceful spirit of Women's Conference with me throughout the year.

No comments: