Wednesday, May 29, 2013

life in little squares

"Taking pictures is savoring life intensely,
every hundredth of a second."
Marc Ribaud


Meet my new favorite:  INSTAGRAM.

I guess it's not really "new" anymore since I began using the app about a year ago, but after discovering that one can share their entire instagram account online, I thought it's about time to mention my favorite little pastime.

Yes, the blog as suffered as a result of IG, but it's been wonderful to capture and share little moments in time that would otherwise be forgotten or stashed on my phone or camera forever.  Sometimes it's an event that needs to be recorded, such as a school or piano performance, family gatherings, vacations, birthdays, etc.  But more often than not, it's those seemingly insignificant moments that beckon to be captured:  time spent reading aloud with my daughter, the split second when I'm captivated by a sunset, mountain peak or a field of flowers; the impromptu pictures taken on a morning hike, my children's artwork, or anything in general that makes me smile.

All in all, it's added up to about a picture a day, so yes, it's our past year in little squares.  Oh, and the filters are just oh, so fun!

Now that my IG photos are online, the past year of daily pics are HERE.

Phew, almost feels like the blog is caught up now ;).

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

So how do you blog your instagram? My blog has suffered since IG too! But it isn't being recorded for my "family history" like my blog was!