Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Heartbreak Kid

I have a feeling this is only the beginning . . .


Last night on our way to a parent/child doubles tennis tournament at the club, Caroline had me in stitches as she related a text converstation between her and the boy who has had a crush on her for four years.  In her words, "it was so lame - he had to TEXT me all this":

Boy:  I have liked you since 3rd grade, I really like you, will you go out with me??
Caroline:  No, I'm sorry.
Boy:  Why not?  Please, please, please . . . I think you're beautiful.
Caroline:  I don't need a boyfriend.
Boy: Yes you do!  I promise I'll be the best boyfriend ever, I'm so nice and I'll treat you really great.
Caroline:  Thanks, but I don't want a boyfriend, I'm not old enough.
Boy:  Would you go out with me if you were 16?
Caroline: I don't know.
Boy:  If you were 16, and I asked you out, would you say "yes?"
Caroline:  I'm not sure.
Boy:  I wrote a song for you.
Caroline:  Oh.
Boy:  I'll sing it to you if you want.
Caroline:  That's ok, I have to go now.
Boy:  No you don't, you're just saying that.
Caroline:  No really, I have to go, sorry.
Boy:  You know I've had a crush on you since 3rd grade.
Caroline:  Ok, great, I really have to go now.  Bye.

Poor Kid.

Update:  After school today I asked Caroline if she was at least nice and hopefully talking to this boy.  She told me he asked her if she was having a good week, she responded in the affirmative and asked how his week was going.  His answer:  "Terrible, because you won't be my girlfriend."

Poor Kid.

4 comments:

Marti said...

Oh boy! It has begun. And let me just say, sounds like she handled it great!

joseph and brianna said...

:( Good for her! Way to stick to her standards! I don't think you'll have to worry much about her at all! Awesome!!! I can't wait to see you guys! I'll be in UT next week!!!

Kristin said...

LOL! I love it! Good for her! Just keep repeating the Johnson mantra, "No booze, no boys, no kissing!"
Oh the horror of the teenage years...

Kelly said...

That poor guy.