Sunday, September 4, 2011

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!


Last night the little girls and I headed downtown to see the Broadway tour of Mary Poppins.  It was absolutely delightful, enchanting, and literally pure magic from beginning to end.  If you know me, you know how much I love the theater.  It's always a treat to share my adoration for the stage with my children.

Sophie's favorite were the chimney sweeps and tap dancing in Step in Time, Liza's favorite was the choreography in Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (which was unbelievable), and I would have to say I was completely taken in by the soaring kites during Let's go Fly a Kite, along with the fantastic sets and brilliant scenery (especially for "It's a Jolly Holiday").  Also, the actress who played Mary was "practically perfect" in every sense of the word.

If you have kids and haven't seen this musical, we highly recommend going before it leaves town at the end of the month.  You won't be disappointed - adults and children alike!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

You all look sooo adorable! I'd love to take my girls... sigh... I need a job so I can afford to do these things!

Kathryn said...

Julie!
We went to it when it came here. Wow was it good! How they could make a musical so cool like that was beyond me. the choreography of supercala was amazing wasn't it?!!
Glad you got to go do that and have fun!