Monday, August 11, 2008

About another week . . .

until the wildflowers are GONE!


Saturday morning I grabbed whoever was up and interested in a hike to Cecret Lake in Albion Basin. Caroline and Sophie were the takers on this jaunt. It seemed that during the past two weeks, every time I planned to get up there, the clouds rolled in and it began to thunder . . . and believe me, that's one place you DON'T want to be when there is lightning. I was afraid we had missed the wildflowers, but they are still in bloom and absolutely beautiful. Here are a few pics from our hike:
The best part - making it to the lake, taking off shoes and socks and feeling that cool water.

Our cute little beggar friend. He was quite fond of fruit leather - "potgut on a sugar high" :-).

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Julie, it looks so beautiful, is Albion Basin in Big Cottonwood? My regular hike while I lived there was to Lake Blanche--about 3 times a week I would go while the kids were in school. It was so secluded and so beautiful that I never went anywhere else. My loss. This looks gorgeous. I'm happy for you lovely ladies.
School starts next week, it seems like you have had the fullest summer. Good for you!

Unknown said...

"kimi is Annie's gmail account, the computer must still be signed into her. This is Kelly.

Julie said...

Albion Basin is at the very top of Little Cottonwood - above the town of Alta. I'll have to give Lake Blanche a try - isn't that off the Mill B trailhead in Big Cottonwood? Most of my hikes are here in our canyon because it's so close - one of these days i'll branch out :-).

christensen crew said...

Wow Julie! That hike looks amazing! I want to go! Is it too much for my little ones, or could this be a family hike? I would love for you to take us up and show us if it IS kid friendly....if not, you and I should go one evening or something!