Friday, October 10, 2008

September 21st

Then . . .
Now . . .
Has it really been 17 years?! After looking at these pics side by side I believe there has been some improvement during those years :-). I'm finally back on the blogging bandwagon and wanted to mention our years together as "JulieandChris." It's been a good run and I'm blessed to have Chris by my side. Like many couples, we compliment each other quite nicely - my "yin" to his "yang." For Example, last month Chris came home from work and said, "I never even noticed the sunflowers until I read about them on your blog." My response: "What?? Are you kidding, they are everywhere, how can you NOT miss them?!" Then I remembered about a week before when Chris asked, "When are you going to clean the mud off Liza's boots and bring them inside? I believe they've been on the steps for over a month now." My response: "Really?? I never noticed."

So, there you have it - "JulieandChris" in a nutshell . . . he notices the practical, I, the ethereal . . . and it's worked out quite well over the years. Love ya Chris!

4 comments:

Marti said...

LOVE the hair and the floral frock in the first picture!! HAHA! Congrats on 17 years. Wow!

lyn. said...

Look whose holding onto who - then and now...

I know... I notice weird things! LOL

Julie said...

ooohhh, and you probably didn't notice the large gold earrings adorning my lobes - lol!

joseph and brianna said...

Wow!! I can't wait till we make it there. You guys are an awesome example to me!! Congratulations on 17 years... and many more to come! And we will HAVE to get together the next time I come back that way! Love ya