Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"The Curious Case of Forrest Gump"

I must give credit where credit it due. It was Chris who, in the middle of one of the tugboat scenes (see previous posting) leans over and whispers, "doesn't this movie remind you of Forrest Gump?" Of course, he was dead on accurate. Then a few days ago my friend sent me a link to this video and we've been cracking up about it ever since. Enjoy the clip . . . then ask yourself WHY oh WHY is this movie nominated for 13 Oscars?? I don't get it and I'm on a crusade to figure it out!


5 comments:

gina said...

Proving again, how dumb Hollywood is.

And if this movie doesn't win the statue awards it will be The Furious Case of Benjamin Button.

Kristin said...

well now I'm going to HAVE to rent the movie, just to see what all the hubbub is about.

lyn. said...

The sad thing is that it IS nominated for 13 Oscars... Just think what that is saying about Hollywood and the movie industry?

It's sort of like the song industry with all the remixes... Nobody can come up with an original idea anymore!! How sad...

Kristi said...

now THAT is funny!

:)

gina said...

I just showed this to Weston and he laughed and laughed. Hollywood thinks we are all so stupid- just giving us their formulaic crap writing and then regifting it over and over.