Tuesday, March 2, 2010

M A R C H

Ah, it's March and even though it's hard to let winter go, I'm ready for spring and some green!  We have some more skiing to fit in this month which will be nice - I took Liza up to Alta yesterday for an afternoon lesson and just sat out on the deck overlooking the resort, soaked in the rays, and read my book while taking in the breathtaking views of the canyon on a beautiful day (wish I had remembered my camera).

So, even if I'm ready for blossoms, green grass, and warmer temperatures, I'm sure going to miss amazing days like yesterday when the bright blue sky is the perfect canvas for the towering snow covered granite walls of Little Cottonwood!

How blessed we are to live in one of the few spots on earth where we enjoy all four seasons - I love it and wouldn't trade it for anything.  Life is good . . . everyday, everywhere we can tap into the amazing blessings offered if we just open our eyes a little wider, take a little deeper breath, and realize the potential this incredible life experience brings to each individual.


A favorite quote in anticipation of the new season . . .

Cultivate an attitude of happiness.
Cultivate a spirit of optimism.
Walk with faith, rejoicing in the beauties of nature,
in the goodness of those you love,
in the testimony which you carry in your heart
concerning things divine.

~ President Gordon B. Hinkley ~

4 comments:

Kelly said...

You tell your life experiences so beautifully, Julie. You are Spring personified. Our world brings me overflowing joy, too. Aren't we so lucky?

PinkieBling said...

How's Spring treating you today, Jules? ;-) Love ya!

Kristin said...

I surprised you didn't go skiing too!

 Natalie said...

I know; I LOVE Utah!