Thursday, January 20, 2011

S U N D A N C E

“Storytellers broaden our minds: engage, provoke, inspire, and ultimately, connect us.”
 —Robert Redford, President and Founder, Sundance Institute


I need to first give credit where it is most deserved, and that is to my generous and sweet husband, who for  Christmas this year gave me a Sundance ticket package (after last year's festival I told him that would make a great gift and he wouldn't have to do a thing - definitely his kind of deal), along with the freedom of spending the weekend completely responsibility free (well, as long as I am sure to make it to church to deliver my Relief Society lesson :-).   My friend Rachel, who flies in this evening from New York, and I will spend the next 3 1/2 days reveling in the energy that is the SUNDANCE film festival.  I'm just crossing my fingers that the films we picked will be as great as the premiers I saw last year.

I love Independent films!!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Julie - I'm kinda jealous! I've never been, and never really wanted to, cut after reading about how much you've enjoyed it, I am wishing I could go! Maybe some year I'll make a Film Festival/Ski trip back home!

Have fun!