Sunday, August 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Sophie!


Our little Sophie is growing up - much, much faster than I would like.  She turned NINE yesterday and I can't believe how quickly time is passing.  I miss the days when the "S" sound was so difficult, and she pronouced her name, "Ho-hee," almost as much as I miss her round little face, pudgy cheeks, and pigtails!  Sophie has now become our resident athlete with a love for soccer, track, and tennis.  She has no desire to ever put on a leotard or ballet shoes again, tellling me in a matter-of-fact tone that "dance just isn't for me."

We are so grateful to have Sophie in our family, she adds enough spark to keep everyone on their toes and enough sensitivity to help us remember what is truly important.  I've always felt she was a very special soul and need to remind myself that when those emotions of hers are just too strong for one little girl to handle, she just needs more love, time, and attention.  Don't we all?


Excited to open gifts - 9 years today!

Birthday request - Peter Breinholt concert - and thanks to our friends, Pete sent Sophie a personal "Happy Birthday" from the stage!

Birthday outing - movie, then meeting up with Uncle Travis for dinner.

Blowing out the candles on her cake that Caroline made.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Happy Belated Bday Sophie!