Tuesday, April 14, 2009

14 years ago

I love this boy!

Chris and I were reminiscing this morning about our Ryan and how everyone told us that we'll blink and he'll be grown up. Where have the years gone? Wasn't it just yesterday we were putting him in the stroller for walks down Timpview Drive in our old Provo neighborhood? Weren't we just trying to figure out the baby thing - nighttime feedings, diapers, baths in the sink, etc.? Now we've moved on from babies to teens, in really, what seems like a blink of the eye. But what a journey it's been raising a son and watch him year after year turn from a darling little boy into a handsome young man. Today when I picked him up at school for our traditional birthday lunch outing I glanced at his Converse and told him that his feet are about the size that he was the day we brought him home from the hospital!

We are so proud of Ryan. He's truly grown up to be responsible, kind, helpful, honest, and a great brother and friend. Of course he's not perfect, believe me, he has his moments, but for the majority of the time, he really is fabulous and I couldn't ask for a better son.

So, in celebration of one of my favorite days of the year, here are some favorite pics of my favorite boy . . .


















Happy 14th Ryan Christopher -

We LOVE you!

7 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh my heck! He's gorgeous! I don't envy you the dating years that are coming up! You'll have to beat off the girls with a stick!

Kristi said...

awwwm, that first baby picture melted my heart!

What a great kid you've raised. Happy "Birth" day to both of you!

(and yes, good luck with the girls - he really is so handsome!)

Deja said...

GREAT photos!! What a cute, cool kid - not surprising, considering his parents. ;-) Hope he had a great bday! Let me know when we can celebrate yours, J!

Kathryn said...

Hey,
I've got a gorgeous soon - to - be 14 year old too! Let's raise em right and arrange a marriage! :)

gina said...

I remember him so much when he was little - at the Timpview house - I remember bringing Jacob over to play and they watched 'Sleeping Beauty' together!

Nancy said...

Since when are we old enough to have 14 year olds?

And what a handsome son you have! Thanks for sharing these pics. He's a winner, just like his mom!

Kristen said...

He's beautiful Julie!!! It does go by so fast doesn't it? Thanks for sharing the pictures - I loved looking at them.