Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Spring and FLOWERS

After being teased incessantly by mother nature the past few weeks, spring is here to stay . . . I'm sure by just saying that I've now cursed the weather and we'll see snow again before June - never fails. But for the moment and in celebration of the bright blue skies, warmer temperatures, blossoms, and green appearing everywhere, Liza and I packed up lunch, grabbed some friends, and headed to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point yesterday. Truly a perfect afternoon and celebration of the season. If you've never been to the gardens down there, make it happen - you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Here are some more cute photos from our afternoon. Michelle has a really great, awesome, amazing, make me drool camera, so her pictures look better than mine every would - check them out!

Happy, happy, happy day :-).

2 comments:

gina said...

I am so glad you mentioned the Tulip Festival - I've been wanting to go but haven't thought about it lately, and I would have missed it! The pictures of you and Liza (and on your friend's site) are so cute. Thank heaven for Spring!

Kristin said...

next year, for sure. love that photo, you two are adorable. and yeah, I'm pretty sure we'll see more snow before summer, probably right after I transplant all my plants into the garden...sigh.