Sunday, November 23, 2008

13. My Parents

I am so grateful for my mom and dad. I can't even begin to express my gratitude to them for all they do for our family. They are so generous with both their time and energy, and always make such an effort to stay involved in our lives as well as the lives of our children. The kids adore their grandma and grandpa and look forward to spending time with them down in St. George - especially when they get to go down alone without the rest of the family. It makes me so happy that my parents play such an active role in the kids' lives and in their activities. Just this weekend it was watching Ryan's hockey game, in a few weeks they will attend Caroline's Nutcracker performance (again . . . really, I think it will be their 4th year of the Nutcracker), not to mention the tennis lessons, ballet and piano recitals they have been to over the years. And it's not just the fact that they come to these things, it's also the relationships they are building with each child that is so meaningful.

While they were visiting this weekend I thought of how my mom and dad have enriched and blessed my life over the years. I would be lost without them and I'm grateful for their example, guidance, and friendship. I hope to one day be as thoughtful, disciplined, and talented as my mom; and as patient, generous, and selfless as my dad. They truly are a blessing to our family.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Ditto. Grandparents are the bomb.

Kristi said...

I can't even imagine life without my parents and in-laws. Shudder. I'm glad you are so close to yours as well. The photos are priceless...