Monday, November 3, 2008

2. My Country


"America is another name for opportunity. Our whole history appears like a last effort of divine providence on behalf of the human race." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

With election day tomorrow I thought it would be appropriate to express my gratitude for this great country in which we live. I am grateful for the determination, intelligence, and fortitude shown by our founding fathers when they established this nation. I am grateful for the freedoms that I enjoy each day, especially at this time of year when I can voice my opinion politically without the fear of losing my life or my family. I am grateful for the freedom to worship and participate in whatever endeavors I feel will enrich myself and my family. I know our government has strayed from the original outline of the constitution, and right now could use a good cleansing, but as for the basic freedoms I enjoy each day of my life, for that I am grateful.

God bless America.

2 comments:

Nici said...

Wahoo for Obama! And here's to a brighter tomorrow (hopefully).

Kristi said...

Julie!
So fun to catch up with you. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog...

Your blog is so fun! I'm sure I'll be back to visit again... Your family is so cute. Your kids are just beautiful, and what a hottie husband you nabbed. ;) How very cool that you are still playing tennis - what a great way to stay in shape. You don't look a day older! I'll be sure to pass on your hello to Jason. I'm sure we'll see you at the reunion next summer, and in the meantime it will be fun to "see" you in blogland. Take care.