- He is responsible - especially with schoolwork and housework.
- He can carry on a thoughtful, intelligent conversation (believe me, this is SO much better than trying to deal with an irrational 4-year old).
- He is full of optimism for his future . . . this is the time when anything is possible - i love it!
- Everything is new for him, all these experiences - it is so exciting and you can feel the energy.
- He is open to new ideas, he listens, has questions, and is trying to understand the larger picture.
- He's beginning to understand the importance of service and does make an honest effort to be patient with his sisters.
- He is growing in the gospel and participating fully in the young men and scout program.
- The confidence in himself and his abilities increases daily - which makes him such a pleasant person to be around (most of the time :-).
Since we're on the subject, I've been meaning to put some pics of Ryan's new room up on the blog. When he turned 13, his big gift was a room makeover . . . no more little boy red/white/blue rugby rug and baseball theme. So, we have IKEA to thank for helping us modernize and giving Ryan the space he is finally comfortable having his friends visit: