Thursday, November 27, 2008

15. FAMILY

Today is Thanksgiving and I thought it would be ever so appropriate to express my gratitude for my family. Not just these fine looking folks in the picture above, but to my entire extended family. . . grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and in-laws, etc. I'm really grateful today that my two sister-in-laws are cooking Thanksgiving dinner for us, and all I have to bring is rolls and pumpkin pie (such a great feeling, especially after being sick yesterday).

So, while the pies are cooking in the oven I would like to share how thankful I am for FAMILY - there is nothing that can compare to being a part of the larger picture, of something greater than yourself. It makes me so happy that my kids have cousins their age and how much fun we all have when we're together. I didn't grow up with any cousins even close to my age and was envious of my friends who would come home from a family reunion talking about all the great things they did with their cousins. It is such a blessing now to watch my children have that opportunity and how much they look forward to being with their grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. I love being with both the Howick and Cantera sides of the family - there is always laughter, stimulating conversation, good food, and of course, chaos (especially when all 18 Cantera cousins are together).

Now that we are entering the holiday season, getting together with family is one of my top priorities. The kids can't wait for the annual Howick and Cantera parties - they are always a little crazy, but so much fun. I love the family traditions we have in our own little family, as well as the fun gatherings and traditions we all look forward to with our extended families. It is definitely during this time of year that we feel closest and enjoy the time spent together. My family is one of my greatest blessings in this life and I am so grateful for each and every member.


The annual Howick family party - Christmas tree decorating contest - "and the winner is . . . !"

1 comment:

lyn. said...

Amen!

Heavenly Father really knew what he was doing when He made His Plan...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!